What happens when a professional couple decide to part ways with mainstream consumerism? We – and you – find out in episode ten of All Things SimpleREV as Dave and Sheryl Balthrop join us!
After taking a long overdue road trip, they placed their dream home on the market, let go of 85% of their belongings, and rediscovered joys they had buried beneath years of overload. For Dave (a mentor to persons with disabilities) and Sheryl (an attorney), their adventure is one they could have never anticipated. There are some great stories here, but their full journey can be found at Simple Life Reboot.
You're about to learn:
- How their four children reacted when they started to trim back their commitments … and get rid of their stuff.
- Where this inspiring couple turns to for simple living or minimalist community.
- What books, websites, and podcasts help them to continue their journey.
- Some surprising examples (and challenges) of simplifying.
We can't wait to interact with Dave and Sheryl at our first live SimpleREV event, coming up in a week as this post goes to press! Can't make it to SimpleREV 2014 yourself to meet the Balthrops? Then check out their contributions at Simple Life Reboot and tune in to their podcast as well.
Now, how about you? Did you (or do you still) struggle with making the switch to a more simple life? What challenges did you face or what little victories did you celebrate? We'd love to know! Tell us about your issues, share some insight, or pose a question in the comments section below. You can also share your knowledge with a note on iTunes or the SimpleREV Facebook page.
SimpleREV 2014 Specifics
Get a simple life reboot in-person at our first live SimpleREV event on October 3-4, 2014 in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the University of St. Thomas downtown campus. Tons of people, all passionate about simplicity, will be there … and we want to feel your presence too.
If you want to get super deep into simple living, you can get involved by:
- Attending SimpleREV 2014. As of publishing this podcast episode, there are still a handful of SimpleREV 2014 Pioneer tickets available until October 1. Your tickets are right here.
- Joining the newsletter. This is as insider as it gets. Subscribe to our email list.
- Contributing to our “What Simple Living Means to Me” project. Do you have a unique version of simple living that you want to share with the community? Show us your simple with an image or video so we can feature your contribution to our movement.
If you want to reach us, you can send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, say “Hi!” on Twitter @simple_rev or connect with us, and each other, on Facebook at SimpleREV.